Identifying and managing risks to deliver our strategy
The effective identification and management of risk across the group is integral to the delivery of the group's strategic objectives.
A Holistic Approach to Managing Risk
Our approach to risk management focuses on the early identification of key risks and taking actionto reduce the likelihood of these having a detrimental impact on the business. During the year, we strengthened our processes and reporting capabilities so that risks continue to be identified and appropriately managed. As with all Johnson Matthey processes, we regularly assess our approach to ensure that it meets business needs and supports the effective management of risks while meeting the requirements of the UK Corporate Governance Code.
The effective management of risk enables Johnson Matthey to:
- Deliver our strategic objectives.
- Improve our decision making, planning and prioritisation.
- Pursue opportunities while keeping risks at an acceptable level in a rapidly changing external environment.
- Effectively deal with risks should they materialise.
- Consider risk and reward and implement controls in the areas that matter most to us.