Our Process Technologies Division develops chemical processes and technologies for use in the oil, gas, petrochemical and biochemical industries
Johnson Matthey Process Technologies develops and designs chemical processes and their individual core technologies. It then licenses these to chemical producers to use when building a new plant.
As part of the licensing package, we transfer the basic engineering know-how to the client's engineers. We also provides ongoing process and technical support through the detailed engineering, commissioning and post-acceptance of the plant to help clients reach optimum plant performance.
Our license portfolio includes processes and technologies for the production of:
- Butanediol (BDO), tetrahydrofuran (THF) and gamma-butyrolactone (GBL)
- Choline chloride (ChCl)
- Dimethyl ether (DME)
- Dimethylformamide (DMF)
- Ethyl acetate
- Formaldehyde (the FORMOXTM process)
- Gas-to-liquids (GTL)
- Natural detergent alcohols (NDAs)/fatty alcohols
- N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone (NMP)
- Oxo alcohols
- Propylene glycol
- Purified terephthalic acid (PTA)
- Substitute natural gas (SNG)
- Vinyl chloride monomer (VCM).
Find out more
Visit the Johnson Matthey Process Technologies website.