Johnson Matthey's 2016 Annual Report covers all aspects of the company's financial and non-financial performance including progress on our sustainability targets
Powering Up Our Battery Technologies Business
The demand for electric vehicles, including hybrid, full battery and fuel cell powered cars, is growing...
Greener Silver: Product Innovation Improves Health and Safety
A new product developed in our Advanced Glass Technologies (AGT) business is improving the health and safety of both our workers and customers...
New Diesel Emission Control Technology Creates Opportunities
New regulations that come into effect next year in the US to reduce harmful vehicle emissions and lower the sulphur content of fuel will be challenging to meet...
Making a Positive Impact through Process Innovation
A new process technology developed by a team in our Process Technologies Division allows cost competitive renewable materials to be manufactured for a wide range of markets...
Meeting Customers' Changing Needs in China
A project to improve a product line for our Emission Control Technologies (ECT) Division in China has resulted in a new catalyst which better meets our customers' requirements...
Creating Value for New Customers at Fine Chemicals
Our Fine Chemicals team in the US has applied its manufacturing process knowledge and complex chemistry expertise to develop a new active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) which is being used in treatments for depression...
Novel Manufacturing Unlocks Product Innovations
Our Precious Metal Products Division has built on its core knowledge of material science to develop an advanced manufacturing technique that produces novel ceramic substrates...
How we performed in 2015/16
Johnson Matthey delivered a robust performance in 2015/16, despite challenging markets, and continued to invest for future growth.
Swipe through to see performance highlights for 2015/16.
- Revenue of £10,714m, +7%
- Sales excluding precious metals of £3,177m
- Profit before tax of £386.3m, -22% (underlying -5%)
- Earnings per share of 166.2p, -21% (underlying -1%)
- Ordinary dividend per share of 71.5p, +5%, and special dividend of 150.0p
- Average number of employees:
- Voluntary employee turnover:
- Charitable donations:
- Lost time injury and illness rate1:
- Total recordable injury and illness rate1:
- Occupational illness cases per 1,000 employees: 0.90
1. Per 200,000 working hours in a rolling year
- Energy consumption: 5,064,000 GJ, -6%
- Global warming potential: 480,000 tonnes CO2 equivalent, -6%
- Waste to landfill: 1,953 tonnes, -44%
- Water consumption: 2,605,000 m3, +3%